All credits for Tom Tsui
Saitek’s TPM Control Unit comes with 9 programmable toggle switches. However, FSX’s SETTINGS only recognizes their downward actions during BUTTONS/KEYS assignments. In other words, only 50% of TPM’s programmability are used.
To fully utilize the TPM:
- Open Standard.XML under C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls
- Look for keyword “TPM System” inside the file
- 0 to 8 represent the 9 toggle switches
- The key_command line represents the downward action of the toggle switch
- To add an upward action, insert an key_command line with specific command under each switch (see example below)
- When done, these new switches are now shown in SETTINGS’s Buttons/Keys assignment page
NOTE: These upward switch commands are all having a prefix of “^” in front of the button names.